A’23 Event policies
Code of Conduct, Health & Safety, Children at A’23, & more.
We want you to have a great experience at A’23. These policies apply to everyone including attendees, staff, speakers, exhibitors, sponsors, and volunteers.
AIA Event Code of Conduct
All participants who attend an AIA Event, whether in-person, virtual or hybrid, must abide by this Code of Conduct and all other AIA Policies, including, but not limited to AIA’s Non-Discrimination, Anti-Harassment, and Complaint Policy (PDF)
The profession of architecture appeals to the highest ideals of design thinking, problem solving, and intellectual exchange in support of protecting the health safety and welfare of society. Participants at AIA conferences, events, and programs reflect a vibrant network of design professionals who come together to learn, grow, and contribute. As such, we expect everyone engaged in our in-person, virtual, or hybrid events to foster a welcoming and safe environment at all times for all participants.
Accordingly, the following is expected of all event participants:
- DO NOT engage in disruptive or disrespectful behavior. We do not tolerate disruptive or disrespectful behavior, messages, images, or interactions by any participant, in any form, at any aspect of the program including business and social activities, regardless of location.
- AIA will not tolerate harassment or discrimination based on age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
- Harassing or discriminatory posts in an online forum are unacceptable. DO NOT write such posts. Though time, logistics and legal constraints may not allow AIA to make an immediate determination or take any action during a live chat in an online forum, AIA reserves the right to analyze and take any available action, as appropriate, after the chat, and doing so is not intended to nor does it make any statement about a post.
We encourage everyone to assist in creating a welcoming and safe environment. Please report any concerns, or suspicious or disruptive activity to the General Counsel at email@example.com or the AIA Events team at firstname.lastname@example.org. For discrimination or harassment complaints, please refer to the Non-Discrimination, Anti-Harassment, and Complaint Policy (PDF).
By attending this event, whether in-person, virtual or hybrid, you acknowledge and agree to the terms of this Code of Conduct.
Health & Safety Policy
Due to the uncertainty related to the novel coronavirus SARS-COV-2 (together with any variation thereof, “COVID-19”) pandemic, Attendee acknowledges that their registration, tickets, and admission to any of the A’23 Activities (“Activities”) are subject to all government (including, but not limited to, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, State of California, California Department of Health, the City of San Francisco), the venue and The American Institute of Architects (AIA) safety and health policies, which includes the information set forth below. Attendee acknowledges that due to the evolving nature of the pandemic, the AIA may continue to develop and update these policies in the intervening time between Attendee’s registration or receipt of a ticket and the date of the Conference (“Event”). By registering for and/or attending or participating in any of the Activities, Attendee acknowledges and agrees, on behalf of themselves and anyone accompanying them (including any minor(s)) (1) that Attendee will comply with such policies and regularly check for any updates to such policies available via the a23con.wpengine.com website; (2) that Attendee’s and their attendance at the Event is conditioned on such compliance; and (3) that if Attendee’s or their admission to any of the Activities is denied or revoked because they have failed or refused to comply with any such safety and health policies of the venue or the AIA, they will not be eligible for any remedy, credit or refund.
Policy on Children Attending A’23
Children under age 18 must be registered as a guest, have a badge, and be accompanied by an adult at all times. Registration is complimentary and must be done on-site.
- All children, except infants in backpacks or slings, must be registered for tours or events that they plan to attend.
- Children are not permitted on the Architecture Expo floor without adult supervision.
- Strollers are allowed on the expo floor, but please remember that it’s a temporary built environment packed with installations, large displays, and products and materials that your child also may want to touch and explore.
- Attendees assume all risks associated with the use of strollers on the expo floor, including but not limited to personal injury or property damage.
Registration Cancellation Policy
Cancellation and refund requests must be made in writing and received on or before May 10, 2023. Refunds will be issued for registration fees, less a $75 service fee, and full refunds will be issued for tour and event cancellations if the request is received by the deadline date. No refunds will be made for cancellation requests received after May 10 or for no-shows. Expo Passes and donations are not refundable. Substitutions are welcome and may be made without penalty.
Please contact customer service. Cancellations and substitutions will not be accepted by phone. Credit card refunds will be processed within two to three business days and issued to the credit card number on file. Check refunds are processed within six to eight weeks after the conference.
No Solicitation Policy
Unauthorized solicitation in the exhibit hall or other supplemental conference areas is strictly prohibited. This includes the distribution of samples, souvenirs, publications, etc. or other sales promotion activities which may be conducted by paid exhibitors and sponsors only from within their booth. Anyone found violating this policy agree will be charged a AIA equivalent fee and will be asked to leave immediately. No refunds. Egregious and/or multiple violations of this policy may result in disqualification from future events at the discretion of AIA Management.
Questions? Please contact us.